- “Personal Information” means any information that is recognised as such under South African law and includes any information which identifies You
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In Your Use of the Website and purchase of the Goods, We may collect and store the following Personal Information:
- name, surname, address, email address and contact information;
- correspondence via email and information relating to transactional activity via the Website;
- website connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, IP address and standard web log information;
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You will always own your information listed and we give you peace of mind in the fact that we do not sell Your Personal Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
We use, disclose and share Your Personal Information only as follows:
- to identify you;
- to analyse Website usage and to improve the Goods and/or Website;
- to deliver the Goods and track order delivery and collection;
- for stock planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- by disclosing Your Personal Information to third party service providers appointed by Us in order to enable Us to provide the Website and Goods to You, and who are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- In addition, We may disclose Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Us to legal liability, or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or sale of Our assets.
- “Cookies” are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the users’ on going access to and use of the Website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising.
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
Thorough technical, administrative and physical steps are taken to protect against unauthorised access to and disclosure of Personal Information.
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of Your online session and to protect Our systems from unauthorised access.
Our databases are protected from general personnel access both physically and logically. We encrypt Your password so that Your password cannot be recovered, even by Us.
ACCESS, CORRECTION OF AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You may request Us to correct inaccurate information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require that you verify you are in fact the owner of such Personal Information. Once the changes are made We will notify you by email at your nominated email address.
We may, in compliance with applicable laws or if we are unable to verify your identity, refuse you access to your Personal Information and in such circumstances, We will tell you why access has been denied.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we are obliged to do so under South African law. Such information will always be maintained under the same security and privacy controls that are in place for other users of the Website.